Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Paint it black

"To be human is to care, even when it hurts." Duke

I did not want to write anything but I figured that writing about it and letting it out might make me feel better.

I won't be too specific and I don't want to divulge anything personal, so I will deliberately be vague.

The point I hope to bring across is that yesterday was truly a bad day.

Like the crime reports you read in the newspapers, you always assume this sort of thing happens to someone else and never to you.

But it did. To me.

As I wrote in my tagboard, people always think that teachers won't get affected when something crops up. That is not true - I WAS affected and I am still in a state of shock in some ways.

I just hope that this sort of thing will never happen again.

Any positives to take from this experience? Well, maybe two.

One - mistakes are the best opportunities to learn the most unforgettable life lessons and hopefully YOU will rise from this ... like a phoenix from the ashes and turn the course of your life around. I know I learnt best when I made mistakes and the bigger the mistake, the more impactful the learning. YOU, it doesn't get bigger than this.

Two - despite the pain, I find that it is better to care and get hurt than not to care and miss out on what it means to be human.

So there.